Two Weights Full Body High Intensity
by Body Goods Nutrition Admin on October 05, 2021
4 rounds with a 90 seconds rest
Goblet Squat x 12 (slow w/ pause)
- Stand with your legs at shoulder width. Bring your weights to your chest by keeping it above your elbow. Go down until your upper leg is below parallel to the ground or however far you can go.
- This exercise should be small
Romanian Deadlift x 10
- Stand with your feet slightly further out that shoulder width with the weights in your hands. Hinge at the hips (push your hips back) and try to touch the ground and then come back up. Keep your back straight and try to not bend your legs as you come down.
- Use a controlled tempo, don’t go too fast or slow.
Z Press x 8 each arm
- Sit on the ground with your legs straight out in front of you and your torso upright. Then with one arm press the dumbbell overhead and come back down. Repeat.
- The tempo for this exercise is a 1 second up, hold at the top for a second, down slow for 3 seconds, and hold at the bottom for one second.
Lying French Press x 10
- Lay on your back and have your dumbbells over your body with your palms facing towards each other. With your elbows stationary, lower the weight to your ears and then press them back up. Make sure your elbow does not move.
- Use a slow tempo, lowering the weight for 3 seconds and then pressing up for 2 seconds.
Lying Chest Press x 12
- Lay on your back and hold your dumbbells over your body. Lower the dumbbells to your chest with your hands over your elbows and they are perpendicular to your body. Lower until your elbows touch the floor and press back up.
- Use a controlled tempo of 2 seconds up and 2 seconds up
Renegade Row x 8 each
- Get into a push up position while holding the dumbbells in your hands. While in the position, pull the dumbbells back to row the weight. Keep your body stable and if you need extra assistance widen your feet stance.
Bicep Curl x 15
- Hold your weight with both hands with your elbows pinned to your sides. If you are using a kettlebell hold it by the outer horns. If you are using a dumbbell hold it by both heads. Curl the weight strictly (no body english) until your arms can’t go up anymore. Then lower and repeat.
- Use a controlled tempo of 2 seconds down and 2 seconds up
Devils Press x 8
- This exercise is like a burpee. Stand with a weight nearby. Drop to a push up position, do a push up and then come back up to standing position. Once standing pick up and bring to your shoulders by doing a clean. Then Press the weight overhead and put the weight back down. This is one rep.
EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) for 10 minutes
- Set a timer and at the start of every minute you do the exercises listed. Whatever time you have remaining is used towards rest.
10 burpees on every even minute (0, 2, 4, 6, 8)
40 second high knees (all out) on every odd minute (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)