Bodyweight Full Body High Intensity
by Body Goods Nutrition Admin on October 05, 2021
5 rounds with a 60 second break between rounds
Squat to calf raise x 15
- At a normal shoulder width squat stance, squat down as far as you can and come back up. Once at the top of the rep press from your toes to elevate your heels to do a calf raise. Then lower your heels back to the ground. Repeat the whole exercise.
- For both the squat and the calf raise use a controlled tempo of 2 seconds down and 2 seconds up.
Push Up x 10
- This will be in a standard, slightly wider than shoulder width push up position.
- If unable to do a push-up go to your knees first, if you are unable to do push-ups on your knees put your hands on an elevated surface (couch, counter, table, etc.). If push ups are too easy you may elevate your legs or add weight to your back (backpack full of books, cats, dogs, rocks, whatever) and if that is too easy I would recommend doing handstand push ups against a wall.
- Use a slow tempo of 3 seconds down, 1 second hold at the bottom, and a fast 1 second up.
Glute Bridge x 15
- Lay on your back with the weight placed on the front of your hips. Have your feet planted on the floor with your normal squat stance. Lift your hips up until they are in full extension and then lower back to the ground.
- Use a controlled tempo that isn’t too fast or too slow. At the top of the reps really squeeze your glute muscles as hard as you can for about a second.
Pike Push Up x 8
- Have your hand stance slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Then make a triangle with your body and the floor by bringing your feet closer to your hands. Once there is about a 90 degree angle in your body, move your head towards the ground by bending your elbows and then pressing your body up when you get close to the ground.
- To make the exercise harder put your feet on an elevated surface. To make it easier, increase the angle that your body makes (move your feet away from your hands).
- Use a slow tempo of 4 seconds down, 2 second hold at the bottom (head not touching the ground), and 1 second up.
Good Morning x 20
- Stand at your normal squat stance with your hands on your head. Hinge at your hips and push your hips back. When you are unable to go further down with a straight back come up until you are standing straight up.
- The tempo is as fast as you can control.
Prone Cobra x 30+15+10
- Lie chest down with your arms at your sides. Lift your chest, arms, adn legs off of the ground so you balance on your lower abdomen. To target the back muscles we want to pull with the elbows back and contract the lower back (it should happen automatically).
- Hold the top of the exercise for 30 seconds. Take a 10 second break and hold it again for 15 seconds. Have a 10 second break and hold again for 10 seconds.
- 20 seconds max burpees
- 20 seconds max jump squats
- 30 second break