Home Pull Workout (Back and Biceps)
by Body Goods Nutrition Admin on August 31, 2021
Isometric Strength Circuit x 5 rounds/ 60 second rest
Floor Pull Up x 15
- Lay on your stomach with your arms extended parallel to the ground above your head. Pull your elbows towards your sides, almost as if you were trying to put them into your pockets. Then come back to the starting position.
- The tempo will be 2 seconds to bring your elbows to your sides, hold the contraction when they are at your sides for 5 seconds, and come back up for 2 seconds. Repeat.
- I recommend using a towel to further mimic a pull up. If using a towel I recommend pulling your hands outwards like you were trying to rip the towel.
Bicep Curl x 15
- Use a towel or rope and hold both ends in your hands with your foot in the middle of it. Use a long enough length that your leg will have to move when doing your bicep curl, this is how you will create tension.
- Slowly curl up the weight of your leg until you reach full flexion of the bicep (can’t go anymore). Then push down with the leg in the towel to create resistance and resist the negative portion of the rep with your arms (keep pulling up).
- You determine the difficulty for this exercise so try to challenge yourself by adding more resistance.
Table Pull Up x max
- Go underneath a sturdy table and grip it on its narrowest part. Pull your body towards the table by pulling down with your elbows.
- To make the pull up harder you can extend your legs out in front of you with your heels touching the ground. To make it easier, bring your legs closer to your body with your feet on the ground.
- Go until you are unable to do any more reps, don’t stop early!
Floor Prone Cobra x 15 (2/5/2)
- Lie chest down with your arms at your sides. Lift your chest, arms, adn legs off of the ground so you balance on your lower abdomen. To target the back muscles we want to pull with the elbows back and contract the lower back (it should happen automatically).
- Come up for 2 seconds, hold and squeeze at the top for 5 seconds, and lower for 2 seconds.
Iso Floor Prone Cobra x 40 seconds
- After doing the normal reps, hold the top contracted position of the rep for a total of 40 seconds.