Have you ever wanted to eat as much as you wanted without gaining a ton of fat?
You’re in luck. Here are some foods that because of their high fiber content and low glycemic index, make excellent snacks throughout the day.
- Watermelon 1 cup of watermelon has about 60 calories. Watermelons are also rich in the amino acid Citrulline. So not only will it help you burn more calories but it will also enhance blood flow which helps with absorption of nutrients including more oxygen in the blood.
- Apples A favorite high-fiber snack to keep around for when the cravings kick in throughout the day. 1 cup of apples has about 100 calories making it a great low-calorie choice to help burn more calories.
- Berries Berries including, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries all have about 64 calories per cup. Berries are also a great choice for their anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants.
- Cucumbers One of my favorite combos for a salad. Cucumbers contain only 32 calories per cup, lettuce only contains 12 calories per cup, and tomatoes only 38 calories per cup. All packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Cauliflower Cauliflower is growing popularity as a meat replacement. It is being used in place of chicken in buffalo wings, as a base for pizza, and a low-carb choice instead of rice. Cauliflower has 3g of fiber per cup, vitamins, antioxidants, and only 27 calories. It is definitely a food to keep around.